Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Friday, July 1, 2011

Shirley's Oreos

Submitted by Lisa

These cookies I have been making for about 15 years.  We love them.  I got the recipe from a neighbor I had when I lived in Utah.  Her name was Shirley.  The recipe calls for german chocolate cake mix, but I use all different kinds of cake mixes depending on my mood or what I have on hand.

Today, I happened to have a stars and stripes cake mix on hand so I am using that!  (my favorite way though is with the chocolate cake mix)

Ingredients:

2 boxes of german chocolate cake mix  (you can substitute other flavors)
4 eggs
1 1/2 C crisco

Mix all ingredients together until completely incorporated.  Roll into small walnut size balls.  Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 min at 350.
Cool on paper towels or paper bags.

Filling:

The easy way:  buy a can of frosting

The homemade way:
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cube butter softened
1 lb or so of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla

Mix that together


Assemble:

Frost one cookie and then add another cookie to make a sandwich.
Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment