Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Three Cheese Manicotti


submitted by: Melanie





This year for Father's day I wanted to make something for my husband that he would really like. I chose to make manicotti, because he is always asking me to make it. I really don't like manicotti very much, because it seems like the cheese inside is always cold.

I found this recipe and thought it looked good so I gave it a try. The cheese was nice and hot in the middle and it was really good. Nothing fancy, but it was just what my husband wanted. The next time I make this I may try and add spinach or Italian sausage to it.


Ingredients

  • 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
  • 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons dried basil
  • 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. (I only cooked the manicotti for 3 minutes)
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a bowl, mix 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, and basil. Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture.
  4. Spread about 2 cups pasta sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti in the dish, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
  5. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and continue baking 10 minutes, until mozzarella is melted and bubbly. (I baked it for 35-40 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment