Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Friday, July 29, 2011

Raspberry Crumb Cake

Submitted by Lisa

Because I live right next to my brothers Raspberry farm, I have access to many FREE raspberries!!  Yay me!  Anyway, I like to try out different recipes using them.  I found this one on www.allrecipes.com  .  I made it last night for a youth group that was coming over to do a service project at my house.


It was a big hit.

Ingredient list:

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened
raspberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice

CRUST:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground mace ( I don't know what that is, and didn't have any, so I didn't use it)
1 cup cold butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOPPING:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Directions:


In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.



Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the first six crust ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat eggs, milk and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well. 


Spread two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. 


Spoon raspberry filling over crust to within 1 in of the edges. Top with remaining crust mixture.


 For topping, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over the top. 


Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned.





No comments:

Post a Comment