Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake

Submitted by Hannah

I'm sure my sisters remember this cake fondly. My Mom made this often when we were young and it was one of our favorite desserts. Eating it again reminds me why we all loved it so much. I know there are many who aren't fans of the "boxed" cake mixes but I happen to like them, not as much as homemade but I still like them. This recipe calls for a boxed mix but with all the additional ingredients you would never be able to tell and it is a huge time saver. With the filling in this cake there is no need for a frosting, it is delicous just like this.



Ingredients:


Cake Batter-

4 eggs
1 cup sour cream

1 yellow cake mix

1 small box of vanilla instant pudding

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup oil


Filling-

6 oz. mini chocolate chips (important that they are mini or else they can sink into the batter)

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp cocoa

1/2 cup sugar (brown sugar or a mix of the two are fine also)


Combine batter ingredients and beat 3-4 minutes. Mix filling ingredients and set aside. Grease a bundt pan heavily (I spray mine with cooking spray and shake flour in the pan, pour off the excess flour). Put 1/3 of the filling in the bottom of the pan cover with 1/2 the batter then another 1/3 of the filling cover that with the last of the batter and finish the top with the remaining 1/3 of the filling. Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I was just talking about this cake. I didn't know we had the recipe somewhere! Thanks Hannah. I am sooo going to the store to grab what I need. I am going to make it this afternoon for the kids. YuM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this cake at our house too. It brings back fond memories of when we were kids. My kids love the cinnamon and chocolate combination. Good job at getting the cake out of the pan! Sometimes that first layer of filling can get stuck to the bottom of the pan if you don't grease well.

    ReplyDelete