Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Friday, September 16, 2011

Lemon Garlic Tilapia



Submitted by Melanie

I went to one of my favorite stores yesterday called Sprouts. It's a grocery store similar to Whole Foods. I was walking by the fish counter and realized that I have never bought "Fresh" fish. I normally buy frozen. I decided to get some fresh fish and hoped that my family would like it. I made it for dinner today and it was a big hit. My 7 year son Ethan ate 2 big fillets, so I think it was a success. I added some cooked carrots with a little brown sugar over them and some jasmine rice.

Ingredients

4 Tilapia fillets
3 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of butter, melted (I used about 6 tablespoons)
1 clove of garlic ( I used about 3 cloves)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
salt
pepper


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375. Line baking dish with foil

2. Salt and pepper the fillets. Put butter, garlic, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Saute until the butter is melted.

3. Pour the butter garlic mixture over the fillets.

4. Bake until the fish is white and flakes apart with a fork, about 15-20 minutes (depending on how thick the fillets are)


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious and healthy. I was just thinking how I haven't made fish in a while and should really add it to my menu soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete