Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cornbread Salad


Posted by: Lisa
A co-worker brought this to a work party and I was surprised at how much I loved it!  This may not be new to you , but it was new to me!  I made it for dinner last night and the family thought it was great.  (except 2 of the boys said the tomatoes had to go)  picky picky.  I varied the recipe slightly and will include those changes below.  
Great salad for summer!

source:  Hometown recipes From Eva Mae Clark

Ingredients:
1 8.5 oz package cornbread mix (I used Jiffy)
1 envelope ranch-style dressing mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 c green pepper, chopped
1/2 c sweet red pepper, chopped (I didn't use those)
1/2 cup onion, chopped (I used green onions)
3 large tomatoes, diced
1 16-oz can pinto beans, drained (I used black beans)
2 cups fresh or frozen corn
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

Directions:

  • Bake the corn bread according to package directions and let cool.  Then crumble into small pieces
  • Combine ranch style dressing mix with the sour cream and mayonnaise
  • In small bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes and onions





Assemble:

Spread 1/2 of the corn bread crumbs into the bottom of a glass bowl.  Then spread 1/2 of the bean/corn mixture.  Top that with 1/2 the cheese and then 1/2 the dressing then 1/2 the bacon.  Repeat!  




If you have a trifle bowl, use that.  This salad looks really inviting with the layers visible.  For serving, just dig down deep to make sure all layers are scooped up!  And Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment