Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chicken Tostada



I love leftovers...re-purposed.  I just whipped these up for the kids for lunch and quote:  "There is good, and there is delicious.  These are delicious."  Jonny  
Always nice to hear that the kiddos 
like what you are feeding them!

I had 3 tortillas, some cooked shredded chicken in the fridge and 5 boys to feed.  Hhmmm...

2 cups shredded chicken, chopped up
1 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup black bean and corn salsa
1 green onion chopped fine
shredded cheddar cheese
3 flour tortillas

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.  Butter one side of the tortilla, place it butter side down in a frying pan.  Top with a thin layer of shredded cheese, then spoon on the chicken mixture.  I left it as an open faced tostada, but you could top it with anther tortilla if you want.  Grill until golden and crispy.  I did not serve it with sour cream because I was trying to keep the calories low, but you could top with a bit if you like.


esadila.  

No comments:

Post a Comment