Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beef and Bean taco style dip



 ( For some reason I forget to take the "final" pictures!  It will look
bubbly and delicious.  That is probably why I forget...too busy diving in!)

Submitted by Lisa

I got this recipe from my sister Heather.  Actually, she made it for us once and told us since there was meat in it, we could consider it a meal!  It was delicious.  I make it for the family and they really like it.  I don't actually have a recipe, I go from memory and this is what I use:

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef cooked
1 can re-fried beans
1 small can chopped green chili's
1 bottle mild taco sauce (you can use medium if you like spicier foods)
1 bunch of cilantro chopped fine
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp cumin



1 cup sour cream
1 tsp cumin
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes if you want

Instructions:
1. Brown the beef, mix in the chopped cilantro, cumin and the chilies
2. Spread the beans in the bottom of a 9x13 pan
3. Top the beans with the ground beef mixture
4. Pour one bottle of taco sauce over the mixture
5. Top with shredded and cheese and bake at 350 until bubbly and heated through

Serve with tortilla chips and the sour cream/ cumin mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment