Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Snow Popcorn

Submitted by Hannah




This past Christmas my good friend Alaya introduced me to a naughty new snack. We have always loved popcorn in my house and we usually eat it with junior mints because that is how we always did it when I was a kid, and the salty sweet is to die for. Well, this simple recipe kicks that up a notch. It seems no matter how much I try to cook healthy and waistline friendly foods I am always drawn back to something sweet and not so waistline friendly. This is such a yummy treat to have when watching a movie or playing a game. This Christmas I gave some away to family and friends and I think they liked this more than the presents I got them so next year maybe I'll save my money and make some extra Snow Popcorn. :)




Ingredients:



1 bag of white chocolate chips


honey roasted peanuts


8 cups popped popcorn


plain M & M's


salt


Directions:


You can use microwave popped popcorn but my favorite is the homemade and I love the Whirley Pop so that is what I use. Pop your popcorn and set it aside. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 30-40 second intervals stirring in between times until completely melted. In a large bowl put half of the popcorn or all of it depending on the size of your bowl and add the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly. Once that is mixed completely sprinkle with salt and then add M & M's and peanuts to taste. Repeat steps until you have used up all of your popcorn. On a cookie sheet spread out this mixture so it can cool and when the chocolate has set it is ready to enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment