Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Navajo Tacos

Posted by Lisa


We love these!  I think most people have had something similar but may call them by different names.  This recipe is in a family cookbook I have had for years.  The recipe is from a little old lady who is no longer with us, so I can't confirm where she originally got it.

For a quick put together, just use chili instead of taco fixin's!



Ingredients:
4 cups flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups warm water

Mix all ingredients together gently to form a soft dough.  Heat oil either in a fry daddy or an inch in a frying pan.  Pull off a chunk of dough about the size of a tennis ball and flatten it out by hand.  Fry in the oil till golden on each side.  Top with either taco fixings or chilli!



**Tip** For the kids, I either rip it up then put the toppings on , or I fry tiny pieces of the dough instead of the big piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment