Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Beef Noodle Bowls (Okay in the picture they are not technically in a bowl)

Submitted by Hannah

This yummy asian inspired pasta dish is one of our family favorites. I discovered this recipe when I gave in at the supermarket to purchasing a small Betty Crocker Pasta magazine. I had tried a couple of other recipes in the book but was not impressed until we made this little gem. It is like having a little bit of "take out" right out of your own kitchen. The recipe below has been modified to how I make it but it is very similar to the original.


Ingredients:

1 lb boneless beef sirloin cut into thin strips

2 cups beef broth

1/4 of stir fry sauce (I use Kikkoman)

2 Tbsp orange marmalade

Red pepper flakes to taste

1 - 1 and a 1/2 cups snow pea pods cut in half diagonally (As you can see in the picture I used broccoli because my grocery story had terrible snow peas that week, the recipe is very forgiving)

1 red pepper thinly sliced in bite size pieces

1 lb mushrooms quartered

1 1/2 cups uncooked angel hair pasta (3 ounces)


Directions:

Spray 12 inch or larger skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef for only 2-3 minutes and then remove from pan. I usually let it sear on the first side for 2 minutes until brown and then turn. After the beef is removed I cook the vegetables starting with the mushrooms since they take the longest. After the mushrooms are about halfway cooked I add the red pepper strips and the snow peas. Add salt and pepper to taste. When the vegetables have finished cooking I remove them from the pan and add them to the beef.


With the pan on medium heat add the broth, stir fry sauce, orange marmalade and repper flakes ot the skillet. Heat to boiling. Break noodles in half and add to the boiling liquid and stir occasionally so the noodles do not stick together. You may want to reduce the heat to low to medium low if the liquid is evaporating too quickly or add water if more liquid is needed.


Once the noodles are cooked about 5 minutes or so or until your liking and the beef and vegetables back into the skillet. Stir together and enjoy! I sometimes add a bit more noodles and just add liquid as needed.

1 comment:

  1. This looks good Han. We (my family and I)need to try something new. We are always making the same ol' thing all the time. Yum. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete