Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Teriyaki Salmon

Submitted by: Heather
I feel like this recipe should have "curd" in the title, since my sister, Lisa, and I have posted two curd recipes back to back before this one.  But, somehow I don't think that "salmon curd" would sound very appetizing to anyone...

This salmon recipe has been used by our family since my kids were tiny.  I was always impressed that they would eat it so readily.  When I was a kid and had fish put on my plate I refused to eat it.  I remember sitting at my table for many hours until I finished my fish (or successfully fed it to the dog without anyone seeing).  I'm ashamed that I never gave it a chance.  I blame my older sister, Lisa (sorry Lisa!).  I followed her in most things and she absolutely hated fish, so naturally I did too.
Now I really like fish. My husband sometimes calls this recipe "candy fish". Yes, it's sweet, but not overly so.  It also has a nice peppery flavor.  Try it - I bet your kids will love it.

1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
salt, to taste
1/3 C. soy sauce
1/3 C. packed brown sugar
1/3 C. water
1/4 C. vegetable oil

Sprinkle fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt. In a large ziploc, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, water and oil (I use much less oil than called for). Place fish in the marinade and marinate for at least 2 hours.

To grill: Remove fish from marinade and grill over medium heat for about 7 minutes on each side.

To broil: Adjust broiler rack so that it's approx 2" below the heat source if the fish is 1" thick or under; or place rack 4" from heat if the fish is over 1" thick. Place fish under broiler and broil, undisturbed, for approx. 4 minutes.  It's done when opaque.  If you need to remove a fillet because it's done before the others, make sure to wipe the marinade from the pan or it will burn.

Source: unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment