Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Oh, I realize I totally missed the window for fall recipes.  Everyone is probably "pumpkined-out" by this point, but my family loves these muffins any time of year, so I had to share.  They are flavorful and moist and wonderful for an after school treat.  And I love that they are easy to make and freeze wonderfully.  In fact, I had to pull the muffins above out of the freezer for this picture because my kids scarfed down the fresh ones so fast that I didn't have any left for a photo. So, please excuse the squished muffin liners.  Sometimes I don't use liners and they turn out just fine, as long as I don't use my old trusty (rusty?) pan for those.
I have no idea where I got this recipe.  In fact, I adjusted it and modified it so much that it's nothing like the original.  I cut out oil and added wheat flour to try to make them a little more healthy, a fact to which my kids  are totally oblivious.


4 eggs
1 1/2 C. white sugar
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1/2 C. vegetable oil
1 C. applesauce
2 C. all-purpose flour
1 C. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1-2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin pans, or line with paper baking cups.  Beat the eggs in a large bowl, and mix in the sugar, pumpkin, oil and applesauce.

In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Blend into the egg and pumpkin mixture.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Transfer to the muffin pans.

Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then pop out of muffin tins and cool on a wire rack.  If making mini-muffins (my kids like these best), cook for approximately 10 minutes.

Source: unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment